More Info (Fact
Temperature and Feed
for Turkeys and Chickens
By Miller Hatcheries
Temperature - Temperature - Temperature
- Chicks require 90E
F at the floor.
- Turkeys require 95E
at the floor
- For the first 10 days keep chicks and
poults confined to a smaller area close to the heat source, food and water.
- Provide 3" to 4" of fluffy dry litter.
Never start chicks or turkeys on paper or any other slippery source.
- Until birds are moved out, the original
litter should be left on the floor and fresh litter should be added to the
top. The existing litter can be dried out by the use of lime and frequent
Use Proper Feed
Chick Feed for Chicks -
Turkey Feed for Turkeys
- For meat birds, once they are one week
old try to regulate how much they eat by feeding smaller portions more
- When feeding farm grains, always provide
the proper amount of supplement to give the birds the nutrition they
require to perform to their potential.